Total Jobs Found: 1
Second Chef - Radcliffe, Bury, England
The Ideal Second Chef:
As a skilful and talented chef, with an eye for presentation and a perfectionist for class you’ll know all there is to know about food preparation and portion control. Working within a busy kitchen supporting the Head Chef you must ensure that all equipment is maintained, cleaned and working correctly at all times. You’ll be responsible for reporting on any malfunctions or hazards and complete Risk Assessment as instructed by the Management team. To have a sound knowledge of food safety and hygiene is also crucial to be successful in this role.
Marston’s PLC is a leading independent pub retailing and brewing business. We are a truly national operator with over 1,700 pubs and five regional breweries situated throughout the UK. We are also the market leader in the development of new pub restaurants having invested over £140 million within the last five years to build over 100 new outlets! And that’s not all… we’ve also continued to invest heavily in our existing pubs, undertaking major refurbishments and evolving our brands and we plan to open an additional 30 new sites each year.
The Benefits and Rewards
At Marston’s we offer a reward and benefits package designed to give some food for thought, whilst fully reflecting your performance and endeavour. For any Chef who can add to our growing reputation for serving top quality food and drink, then this is just a taste of what you can expect:
• A competitive hourly salary
• The chance to work in a fun and friendly environment
• 20% Discount Card* (across our managed estate) & 30% discount at work
• Childcare voucher, stakeholder pension & save as you earn schemes (after a qualifying period)
• Marston’s R£wards online discount scheme
• Long service awards.
As a Chef at Marston’s, you will be able to take advantage of our brand new Chef Development Programme, which is designed to help every member of the kitchen team develop their skills.
• From kitchen entry level, right through to Head Chefs or anywhere in between – the programme can help develop your knowledge and skills
• A blend of on-site training, practical kitchen sessions and self-learning
• Areas covered include health, safety and food hygiene, preparation skills, essential cooking processes and procedures, communication and cook line skills
• Three levels to the programme: Line Chef, Second Chef and Head Chef
• High Street Reward Vouchers available upon completion.
Simply click Apply and you’ll be taken through to our careers website to upload your CV.
Prev ::: Next :::